Friday, May 29, 2015

A Story Half Written...

I am not a ghost
I am a story half told

Full of rhythm  and sound
Plot holes and characters going 'round

My goals not clear 
But leather bond
Determined to live on 
past my feet touching ground 

Twist and turns often found 
But disappointing endings abound

At every turn the plot devices fail 
And life fully known avails.  

Romance broken with crashing sounds. 
Duels poorly written and gun play rarely found. 

Write and worry and turn around in spirals 
 
Smiles and winks and furious glory 
Is this my life or a book poorly written?
Is this my life or a book poorly written?
A novel or commentary?
Prose or poetry?
Narrative or first person?
Genre type? Fiction or biography? 

Dialogue that makes no sense 
Crowns of glory rarely found 

But this story is mine 
And my heart beats through my chest 
And so this book is written with this sound
Flesh and blood are pages written slowly then rapidly, tenderly and violently. 
There are tears, villains, fears, heros
Sickness, healing, divine moments and crippling loss. 

Through it all I am alive 
With flesh like paper
And blood like ink

Trusting the Author of all of life's chapters to write His story upon my heart. For His acts to be the purpose for my steps. 
For His plot to be etched in this paper back novel which is my life. 

Run baby run. The lines will fly by. 
When we are young, when we are old 
 
Nothing can stop what will be. 

We are women, we are men
We are stories, we are songs 
Half written 
But we belong 
We belong 
No matter for how long 
As long as we have words written 
We are words written by an author 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home